Dr. Diet provides the foundation for well-being, helps you bring energy and resources into the body and therefore is considered one of the Yin physicians alongside Dr. Quiet.
Food and drink dramatically affect our energy levels and our biochemistry which in turn influences our emotions and our mental reality. At Bodyguards, we’ve seen over and over again that when the diet is deficient, there just isn’t enough energy or clarity of mind to initiate and sustain the changes needed for self-healing, fat loss or high-performance levels of fitness.
As you’ll soon see, surprisingly, Dr. Diet won’t necessarily guide everyone to eat the same foods. In fact, the kinds of foods and the proportions of those foods that are right for you may vary quite radically from your friends and loved ones. Dr. Diet gives you the information you need to make the right nutritional choices for your body. Dr. Diet is the chief source of your acquired energy and in many ways the most fundamental of your panel of physicians.
Dr. Diet governs the energy you’ll have for change. Your other doctors may ask you to make changes, but without being able to hear the voice of Dr. Diet, you likely won’t have the energy to make them!
The most common way that Dr. Diet communicates with us is through the activity of our metabolism. Many of the foods we eat today do more to disrupt the body’s normal metabolism than to support it. For example, only 100 years ago, your liver only had to mop up the residues of natural food items in your blood. Today, your poor liver is so busy trying to protect you from chemical additives, colourings, prescription drugs and other non-food molecules that it gets overloaded in a hurry. That’s just one of the possible sources of excessive stress on your metabolism and digestive system
When your eating habits aren’t supporting your body-mind, Dr. Diet will speak to you through one or more of the following symptoms:
- Food cravings
- G.I.R.D.: Gastrointestinal Reflux Disorder (This is essentially belching up partially digested foods and often creates heartburn)
- Bad breath
- Headaches within an hour of eating
- Pain between the shoulder blades, in the chest, low back and abdominal region (often feels muscular, but massage and other physical therapies only give short-term relief )
- Low energy levels leading to chronic fatigue
- Poor skin quality
- Aging more rapidly than is normal
- Chronic aches and pains
- Poor mental function
- Chronic congestion
- Frequent infections, colds, bouts of illness
- Distended abdominal wall
- Foul smelling faeces and/or urine
- Diminished sex drive
When Dr. Diet is talking to you through these symptoms, remember that there are four keys to successfully maximizing your doctor’s guidance:
- Eat only organic whole food
- Eat according to your Metabolic Type® - get your proportions right
- Drink un-chlorinated water
- Avoid the four “white devils”: white flour, white processed sugar, white processed table salt, and pasteurized dairy.
These basics will go a LONG way towards fuelling your body-mind, clearing up your challenges and increasing overall vitality and vibrant health.