- 1 Tablespoon mixed seeds (pumpkin, poppy, sunflower)
- Small handful of cashew nuts
- 2 Breasts of organic free range chicken
- 2 Teaspoons five spice
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- Thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 Organic chicken stock cube
- 100g Rice noodles
- 1 Handful mangetout
- 6 Thin asparagus
- 6 Baby corn
- Soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Small handful of spinach leaves
- Boil the kettle. Put a medium frying pan or wok on high heat and add the seeds and cashew nuts.
- Put a large saucepan on high heat and fill with 1litre of boiling water and cover.
- Toss the nuts and seeds around until cooked through (2 minutes) when done put them on a plate and return the empty pan to the heat. Slice the chicken breasts lengthways and put into a bowl. Sprinkle the chicken with the five spice, salt & pepper.
- Add a little oil to your hot pan and add your chicken and cook for 5 minutes until golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and finely slice the ginger and slice the chilli.
- Crumble the stock cube into the pan of boiling water and add half the chilli, all the ginger, noodles, mangetouts, asparagus and baby corn with 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Half the lime and squeeze in the juice.
- The chicken should be cooked when the noodles and veg are done.
- To serve, divide the spinach between your bowls and pour over the broth, noodles and vegetables. Divide the chicken pieces over and scatter with the toasted seeds, cashews and remaining chilli
Serves 2.Back to blog listing