500g Lean steak mince 1 Large onion 2-3 Garlic cloves Chilli's (to your liking) 8 Mushrooms 1 Green pepper 400g Drained kidney beans 2x 400g Tinned tomatoes 2-3 tbsp Chilli powder 2 tbsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Cumin powder 1tbsp Marjoram (dried) Fresh coriander Rice (wholemeal or organic)
- Cut onions and garlic. Put onions and mushrooms into a pot. Add organic butter and soften for 10minutes on a low gas/heat.
- While onions soften, chop peppers, garlic, chilli's, and drain kidney beans.
- Once onions and mushrooms softened, remove and put to one side. Turn heat up to medium and brown mince for 3-4 minutes. Then add garlic , chilli's, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, and pepper. Cook for 2minutes
- Then add tinned tomatoes, and dried marjoram and kidney bean. Bring to boil, then cook and simmer on a low heat.
- Then cook rice, 5 minutes before rice is ready add basil to the chilli and stir in.
- Put a large pan on a high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add all your chopped and slice ingredients with the curry powder and mix together with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
Serves 4-8.Back to blog listing