- Bowl of fresh rocket and assortment of salad leaves
- 2 Tins of tuna chunks
- Handful of roasted pine nuts or handful of assorted nuts (cashew, hazelnut, almonds)
- Goats cheese
- Half red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Half an apple, cut into chunks
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Half a green pepper, sliced
- Quality extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon mayonnaise
- Salt + black pepper
- Put the pine nuts in a small saucepan on a medium heat and keep shaking it until the nuts are golden. When done put on a plate to cool.
- Wash the rocket and leaves then put in a large bowl along with tuna, onion, tomatoes, apple chunks, green pepper and avocado, then mix. Sprinkle chunks of goats cheese and the nuts on top.
- 1/3 fill a small screw top jam jar with olive oil and then put in the same amount of balsamic vinegar. Add the garlic, honey, mustard and mayo, season, then put on the lid and give it a good shake.
- Serve on a plate and pour/drizzle the dressing over the top to taste
Serves 2.Back to blog listing