- 300g skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 300g skinless, boneless, undyed smoked haddock fillets
- 125g raw, peeled king prawns
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- 1kg potatoes, 1 carrot, 2 sticks of celery
- 150g good cheddar cheese
- 1 lemon
- ½ a fresh red chilli
- 4 sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C and bring a large pan of water to the boil. Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks then add to the water and boil for 12 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, get a deep baking tray or dish and stand a box grater in it. Peel the carrot. Grate the carrot, celery and cheddar on the coarse side of the grater. Use the fine side to grate the zest from the lemon. Finely chop your chilli. Finely chop your parsley leaves and stalks and add to the tray.
- Next, cut your fish into bite-size chunks and add to the tray with your prawns, pour over the juice from your zested lemon, drizzle with olive oil and add a good pinch of salt and pepper. Mix it all together well, use your hands !
- By now your potatoes should be done. Drain and return to the pan. Add a good lug of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper then mash until nice and smooth. Spread the mash over the veg and fish in the tray and place in the oven for 40 minutes until crispy and golden on top. Serve with green beans or a salad and voila...
Serves 4.Back to blog listing