- 400g Free range or organic pork fillet
- 16 small mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- bunch of fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon runny honey
- Sea salt + black pepper
- Preheat a griddle pan on high heat for 5 minutes. Wipe the mushrooms and cut off the stalks. Slice the pork into 2cm chunks (similar size to the mushrooms). Peel the onion, halve and then quarter the halves.
- Pull the rosemary leaves off the stalk. Zest one lemon and chop finely with the rosemary. Add the cumin, salt + pepper and scatter over your clean work surface. Drizzle the meat, onions and mushrooms with olive oil and roll them in the rosemary, lemon zest and cumin mix.
- Preferably with metal skewers, skewer a piece of pork followed by a mushroom and then onion and repeat until all the pieces have been used. Don't squeeze everything together too tightly.
- Put your skewers on the now very hot griddle and push them down gently. Cook for about 10 minutes turning every two and a half minutes until everything is golden brown. Use a sharp knife to check the pork is cooked through.
- When done, drizzle the kebabs with a little olive oil, a little more salt, a good squeeze of lemon and a tiny drizzle of honey and cook for a further 1 minute, turning the skewers regularly.
- Remove the kebabs to a plate and drizzle the juices from the pan over them. Serve with lemon wedges and anything from dips, salsas, salad cream to salad or rice.