- 2 Carrots
- 2 Sticks of celery
- 2 Medium onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 800g Sweet potatoes
- 200g Chorizo sausage
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 Chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- Sea salt + freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Fresh red chilli
- Peel and roughly slice the carrots. Slice the celery. Peel and roughly chop the onions. Peel and slice the garlic. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Slice the chorizo. Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks.
- Put a large pan on a high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add all your chopped and slice ingredients with the curry powder and mix together with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
- Put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8litres of boiling water from the kettle. Stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add to the vegetables. Give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- Season with salt + pepper and then if you prefer your soup smooth and not chunky, pulse the soup with a hand blender or liquidizer and serve in bowls with a little sprinkle of finely chopped red chilli
Download this, and other Bodyguards Healthy Recipes, as a PDF.Back to blog listing