- Large bunch of asparagus
- 1/2 a fresh red chilli
- 1 Tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Breasts of chicken, skinned and sliced into finger sized strips
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Handful of mangetout
- 1 Lime
Green curry paste
- 2 Stalks of lemongrass
- 4 Spring onions
- 3 Fresh green chillies
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Thumb-sized piece of fresh root ginger
- Large bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Fish sauce
- Trim the lemongrass stalks, peel back and discard the outer leaves then crush the stalks with a rolling pin. trim the spring onions. Halve and de-seed the green chillies. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and ginger.
- Set aside a few sprigs of fresh coriander and whiz the rest in a food processor with the lemongrass stalks, spring onions, chillies, garlic, ginger and coriander seeds until finely chopped. Pour in the soy sauce and fish sauce then whiz again into a smooth paste. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus and discard, then finely slice them lengthways with a sharp knife. Finely chop the red chilli and put to one side.
- Add the oils to a large pan over a high heat and stir-fry the chicken strips for 8 minutes until golden, adding the curry paste about halfway through. Add the asparagus and stir fry for a further 30 seconds then pour in the coconut milk and add the mangetout. Give it all a good stir, bring to the boil then cook for a few minutes. Finally squeeze the lime and add the juice.
- Serve the curry sprinkled with the remaining coriander leaves and chopped red chilli on a bed of fluffy rice