Personal Trainer/Exercise Specialist
Duncan formalised a lifelong passion for sport, health and fitness in 2011 by successfully completing his personal training certificates with Premier Training International and started with Bodyguards in early 2012. He previously combined sports and science in an unconventional way by studying Chemistry at Loughborough University and playing semi-professional football for Shepshed Dynamos FC (Unibond League 1) and more recently on returning to the North East for South Shields FC (Northern League).
Dunc has recently been working with the Gateshead FC under the supervision of a UKSCA coach, Nick Probett and intends to work towards his UKSCA accreditation.
Dunc has a passion for all things health-related and is particularly interested in the more holistic side of health & fitness coaching, specialising in areas such as stress management, movement, mobility, functional strength, breathing and nutrition.
- PhD & BSc Hons in Chemistry (Loughborough University)
- Extreme Kettlebell Instructor Course Level 1 (Optimal Life)
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Exercise Referral (Premier)
- Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (Premier)
- Nutritional Advice for Weight Management & Kettlebell Training
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instruction (Premier)
- First Aid
- Barefoot Running
- General Fitness or anything to do with improving health and quality of life
- An unhealthy male love of rom-coms